NitroPlus is a nitrogen supplement for legumes composed of bacteria and carriers like soil and charcoal. The bacteria, together with the legumes, can fix nitrogen from the air and make it available for plants.
Quantity: 100 g per pack
Shelf-life: 1 year from date of manufacture
Precaution: Avoid direct contact to high temperature and direct sunlight.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How was NitroPlus developed?
Developed from 1974 to 1980, Nitroplus is the result of a six-year research to address the high cost and the increasing environmental problems caused by chemical nitrogen (N) fertilizers. Consisting of pure effective rhizobia grown in suitable carrier, Nitroplus was developed as a biofertilizer for legumes which will replace or supplement chemical N fertilizer.
2. What are the benefits of using NitroPlus?
- Affordable and effective substitute for chemical nitrogen fertilizer.
- Increases crop yield and income. Results of field trials showed an increase in yield of 100% for soybean, 29% for mungbean, and 39% for peanut.
- Environment-friendly because it conserves soil nitrogen.
- Easy to use.
3. Is NitroPlus for sale at BIOTECH? How much does it cost?
NitroPlus is sold at Php60 per 200 grams.
4. How do you use NitroPlus?
- Use 2 packs of NitroPlus per hectare in a peanut farm, 4 packs for mungbean, and 5 packs for soybean.
- Place seeds in a large container and moisten them by sprinkling with tap water. Make sure that the seeds are moist but not soggy.
- Add NitroPlus to seeds. Make sure to use the right NitroPlus for the specific seed being used. Mix thoroughly until each seed is evenly coated. Note that the amount of NitroPlus depends on the legume to be planted.
- Plant the seeds as soon as possible. Avoid exposing the inoculated seeds to sunlight.
Ms. Maria Theresa Jonna A. Atienza
Project Leader and University Researcher