VAM Root Inoculant
VAM Root Inoculant (VAMRI) is composed of chopped dried plant roots containing special fungi which help the plant roots absorb water and nutrients. VAMRI protects the plants from root pathogens and improves the soil’s structure.
VAMRI may be used on the following crops:
- fruit trees (marang, papaya, pomelo)
- legumes (mungbean, peanut, soybean)
- root crops (cassava, potato)
- vegetables (ampalaya, eggplant, okra, tomatoes)
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry place
Shelf-life: 1 year from date of manufacture
Precaution: Avoid exposure to high temperature and direct sunlight
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How was VAMRI developed?
2. What are the benefits of using VAMRI?
- Reduces chemical fertilizer requirement of crops.
- Secretes growth promoting substances.
- Increases tolerance and resistance of plants
- Protects crops from pathogens and diseases.
- Generates substantial savings on the use of chemical fertilizer.
3. Is VAMRI for sale at BIOTECH? How much does it cost?
VAMRI is sold at Php70 for 30 g.
4. How do you use VAMRI?
A pinch of VAMRI is mixed with potting media or with seeds prior to planting.It is still necessary to apply at least 50% of the recommended rate of the inorganic fertilizer.
Dr. Marilyn B. Brown
Technology Developer and Project Leader