BOF are natural fertilizers from agro-industrial wastes produced by farm and industry activities. BIOTECH’s BOFs use crop residues and agro-industrial by-products such as coconut coir dust, mud press, animal manure, other similar materials and process them into refined inoculated compost or bio-organic fertilizers.
The inoculants may be applied on the following agriculture and agro-industrial wastes: chicken, swine, or cattle manure combined with farm wastes such as rice straw, coffee hulls, corn stover, grass cuttings, leaves, and other plant residues; or with agro-industrial wastes such as sugarcane bagasse or mud press.
BIO-QUICK – contains a special fungus for effective decomposition of household and agro-industrial wastes.
BIO-FIX – enhances and enriches the nutritive content and effectivity of the BOF
BIO-GREEN – derived from farm and industrial wastes and composted by selected strains of fungus (BIO-QUICK) and enriched with nitrogen-fixing bacteria (BIO-FIX)
BIO-QUICK and BIO-FIX are both 1kg per pack.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry place.
BIO-QUICK – 2 months from date of manufacture
BIO-FIX – 6 months from date of manufacture
Precaution: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are plenty of farm and agro-industrial wastes in the Philippines. If utilized properly, these could be a rich source of natural fertilizers.
In 1991, BIOTECH developed a technology to process crop residues and agro-industrial by-products such as coconut coir dust, mud press, animal manure, and other similar materials, into refined inoculated compost or bioorganic fertilizers.
- The processed BOF can increase yield by up to 20-30%, makes plants healthier and improves soil quality.
- The process of producing BOF is a sound waste management strategy.
- Promotes homogeneity in humification; increased population of beneficial nitrogen-fixing bacteria.
- Produces matured, stabilized, and sanitized compost.
- Eliminates phytotoxic effects.
- Optimizes the level of nutrients in the fertilizer.
- BIO-QUICK is used at a minimum of 2 packs per ton of waste materials to be composted. Mix 1 part plant residues to 2-3 parts animal wastes. Adjust moisture content to 50-60%.
- Apply BIO-QUICK by mixing/broadcasting the materials to be composted and laid out or formed into a heap.
- Mix or turn over the heap every week. After 3 weeks, the heap’s volume will be reduced by 20- 30%.
- A minimum of 2 packs of BIO-FIX is necessary to inoculate one ton of composted wastes that is further incubated for another week during the curing period.